Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Teaching Moment

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 7:47:26 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 10:30:28 AM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
wrote:

I wasn't allowed to "tag along" on the inspections for my last two
houses.

I would ask when making an appointment. If it's not okay for me
to tag along, then they may not be the inspector for me... Of
course, I wouldn't expect them to take me up on the roof (or the
equivalent). I mean, I Mean, I MEAN (in the spirit of Arlo
Guthrie), whose writing the check! %-)

Kid

Ha! Amazing how the words come flooding back! "I want you to
write down... twenty-five sentences... the offending officers
name...", and Kid, "Go sit on the bench marked Group W." : )

Alice's Restaurant has been a Thanksgiving morning tradition in our
house for as long as I can remember.

My kid's grew up with it and SWMBO and I still play it even now that
all the kids are out of the house. Every single year. 2 of the 4 kids
have continued the tradition at their own homes.

This year will be easy. "Alexa, play Alice's Restaurant".