natasrof1

Default Distant TV networks from satellite company

not that it has any bearing on the issue, but I was doing some work in
Kentucky for Dish network, basically trying to find the best place to
pick up that cities locals to retransmit, and had to deal with the big
three GM's and I asked one of them that same question and he said that
he denys all waiver requests and if they fight it he will take a test
truck out to the location and make it pass if he has to go 50', they
have to go 50 feet, he didn't care. You have to remember, the
networks couldn't really care less if you watch the show, they want
you to watch the commercials, in the TV world it is all about the
commercials and if you live in a city and watch the national feeds you
are not seeing their local commercials and you are making the local
network less desirable to local advertisers which is their main money
maker. Go take a look at a local television station, all the news
technology and triple doppler radar and High Definition content are
all just ploys for you to watch the commercials, that blew me away
when I realized that.
nataS