Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Teaching Moment

On 10/2/2018 7:21 PM, ads wrote:
On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 09:35:21 -0400, Bill wrote:

Puckdropper wrote:

That's why I create a breaker "map" for any family/friend's house I'll
be working in more than once (most will ask more than once and I'm
willing to work for food ;-) Takes MUCH longer the first time, but
most of the outlets and switches will have the number of the
associated breaker written on them with an extra fine point Sharpy.

I requested that labeling the breakers be a condition of purchase
when I put a down payment on my house. It intimidated me that it
had no labels at all! I may not have ever learned that I had a
sump pump! : )

That's the kind of thing a GOOD home inspector will point out to you.
When we bought the current house, I tagged along with the inspector to
learn as mcuh as possible - plus his report was very detailed. Well
worth the money.

Our home inspector pulled the cover off of the circuit breaker panel to
see if the electrician had tossed the wire insulation in under the
switches. He did, and the builder cleaned it out.