Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default DC Ammeter 500mA

On 9/30/2018 8:30 AM, Peter wrote:

My el-cheapo Extech MN35, available for $20 on-line, can measure 10A DC
with a specification of +/- 3.0% reading to 5 digits.* Don't know if it
would meet your needs, but I've had this item for several years and used
it for general household and simple electronic troubleshooting tasks.
For my purposes, it's entirely satisfactory.

Thanks...I'm learning that apparently now even the less expensive DVMs
will autorange on the 10A input; apparently it's that my old Micronta is
so old (30 at least) that wasn't so then...it just shows fixed 1 decimal
point -- you're supposed to be measuring 1A I guess; not the range
between the 300 mA fused and 1 A where the lift controllers operate.

It worked very well for calibrating the coal analyzers proportional
controls circuitry that were 4-20 current loop which was its prime
function back then...