Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Angle grinders, questions & aldi review

In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 30/09/2018 10:48, Tricky Dicky wrote:
My angle grinder has a soft start more than likely due to a
centrifugal clutch as the motor turns at full speed whilst the disk
slowly gets up to speed. A clutch seems a good safety feature
considering the potential for the cutting disk to jam.

Richard

I've never seen a mechanical one, even though this sounds like. Never
come across a soft start "4 inch" one, but my big "10 inch" one is (they
have quite a kick without).

Quite. My large Lidl one bought some years ago has a soft start. I've got
three small ones, none of which do. Including a posh name one.

--
*When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.