Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Angle grinders, questions & aldi review

On Sunday, 30 September 2018 11:31:29 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 30/09/2018 10:48, Tricky Dicky wrote:

My angle grinder has a soft start more than likely due to a centrifugal clutch as the motor turns at full speed whilst the disk slowly gets up to speed. A clutch seems a good safety feature considering the potential for the cutting disk to jam.

Richard

I've never seen a mechanical one, even though this sounds like. Never
come across a soft start "4 inch" one, but my big "10 inch" one is (they
have quite a kick without).

I can't imagine why they'd include one on a low price machine. I'm just crossing my fingers it's not faulty.

NT