Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] haahr1@shaw.ca is offline

Default Adding a little antifreeze to sprinkler line.

On Sunday, 2 November 2008 11:11:21 UTC-7, John Grabowski wrote:
"Mikepier" wrote in message
On Nov 2, 10:17 am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"Steve Barker DLT" wrote in
messagenews:OIidnXoOcLUUd5HUnZ2dnUVZ_oninZ2d@gigan ews.com...

turn the water on. it'll blow out the sprinkler heads. duh.

Well that's obvious, but I thought that blowing antifreeze all over the
lawn
was not good for the environment as well as the grass.

When I say add antifreeze, I'm only talking like 1/2 cup.
Diluted with the water already in there, which is no more than 1/2
cup, I thought it would be ok

Suppose 1% of the inground sprinkler owners in your state thought the same
way. How much antifreeze would wind up in storm sewers and ultimately in
rivers, streams, ponds, lakes, etc.?

Hey John, wondering where you think the billions of litres/gallons of windshield wiper antifreeze from all of the cars ends up? I know that mine just runs onto the ground. Apparently nobody thinks this is a problem so I can't see why it would be an issue to put it in your underground sprinkler pipes. Just sayin. I am talking about non-toxic RV antifreeze.