Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Where can I find replacement pipes like these?

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 27 Sep 2018 14:01:40 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

hi
this house was built in 1955 and we think these pipes are original.
These pipes have to be replaced now
And the plumber said that if he cant find compatible or original pipes it will be a bigger job.
Does anyone know where to find replacement pipes?

Thanks!

http://tinypic.com/r/15dxav9/9

The kind word for this is upselling.

But con-job seems to fit also.

No plumbing stories but I had a noise in the car exhaust,

Went to Mr. Tire - no time to look at it today.
Went to Midas, 360 to replace flexible exhaust pipe.
But they recommended replacing exhaust pipe to muffler (but not
muffler) $750.
Does that mean I get new 02 sensors? No, we take out your old ones and
put them in the new pipe. But I'm sure when the time came they'd try to
sell me new ones at 240 each, right, so now we're up to 1230.

Ended up going to a shop not in the suburbs, closer to the city, what
would have been a new n'hood in the 1940's. He didn't even have to look
at the car. He heard me drive in and said it was the flexible pipe.
180 for the flexible pipe. Counting sales tax, but not under the
counter. Paid with credit card. Quiet as a kitten.

The part at retail is only $20 and it took him 20 minutes, so he still
made good money, but Midas recommends I spend more.