Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where can I find replacement pipes like these?

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 15:58:24 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 6:22:29 PM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 9/27/18 4:01 PM, wrote:
hi
this house was built in 1955 and we think these pipes are original.
These pipes have to be replaced now
And the plumber said that if he cant find compatible or original pipes it will be a bigger job.
Does anyone know where to find replacement pipes?

Thanks!

http://tinypic.com/r/15dxav9/9

Is there something odd about the size? Your stuff doesn't look
like anything
odd. A second opinion would be a good idea. Just for fun, measure
the outside
diameter of your pipes, then do the same at the local hardware store.
People will
be more than happy to help at a good store.

+1

looks like 1/2" copper and why does the pipe have to be replaced?
Looks like a crappy bath tub or shower faucet backside, if that has
to be replaced it's easy to cut the copper existing pipe and solder
on new pipe and fittings to mate to the new faucet, unless like Dean
says, it's some odd size copper pipe.

Looks like soft copper TUBING, not pipe. Just be aware tubing is sized
by OD, not ID so 1/2" pipe is the same size as 5/8" tubing. They ran
that in my house too when the retro fitted the bad pipe under the slab
with tubing in the attic. Since tubing comes in big rolls they did not
have to lay on their belly in a 2.5:12 attic making a lot of joints,
They pretty much "fished" the whole thing. If they don't have it at
the plumbing supply, try a HVAC supplier. They use the same stuff for
line sets.
I also agree CPVC or PEX is a cheaper alternative and if you have bad
water, a better one.