ZsaZsa

Default cigarette smoke entering from condo below.....

"Sue Ann" wrote in message
Good grief! Personally, I believe people have the right to smoke in
their own spaces. I just want to keep the smoke and smell out of mine.

While you have had fun all day with political jousting, I've been on the
phone calling around. I did find some new upscale carpet padding which
has a solid vinyl barrier top and bottom. That should help a little
bit.

There's really no economically feasible way to retrofit this 1958
building. It met construction codes of that era.

To those of you who mentioned positive air pressure -- you're absolutely
right. But what do you do on a frigid night like this one?

So, whether you love Rush or Hillary, keep up the good fight. Stay warm
tonight with someone you love.

And I always enjoy this group, no matter what.

Sue Ann

I really respect your way of responding to your problem Sue Ann. If your
neighbors are as reasonable as you are, maybe you could get them involved in
solving the problem too. I would if it were me and I knew my smoke was
validly bothering someone else.

It's true that shared wall living is rife with potential problems but the
upside is when everyone cooperates. I lived in a condo where I had
neighbors like that, and even though I'm now in a free standing house twice
the size, I'd move back to be with my old neighbors again in a heartbeat.
They were the best. I had no idea what I was losing by moving on up!!