ZsaZsa

Default cigarette smoke entering from condo below.....

"Halvey" wrote in message
I think if you can prove that the smoke wafts into your condo at a
certain rate (once a day, once a week, etc) you can get a court
injunction against your neighbor smoking.

Yes, in California I'm pretty sure you could, so I guess you have to balance
the benefits of being in a smoke free environment with sharing walls and
common ownership with people who you've made into enemies.

Have you tried talking to them for starters? I'm a smoker, and I really do
respect the rights of others to not breath my smoke. I quit for years
because it bothered my daughter.

Something I've learned over the years is that often the most reasonable
solution is to just state your issues and your willingness find an amiable
way to solve the problem. Believe it or not, an attorney taught me that!
He said he's constantly amazed that it's so often the last thing people
think to do.

Good luck. I do believe the law in California is on your side if you choose
to go that route.

ZsaZsa

Sue Ann wrote:
....and I can't stand it. We have common hot water baseboard heat and I
have caulked around all water pipes. There's no insulation between the
ceiling of the condo below and my hardwood floors which are covered with
wall-to-wall carpeting.
Crazy idea: Taking up the carpet and putting a layer of Tyvek under the
padding? What do you think?
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.........