Edwin Pawlowski

Default Wood and Pellet Stoves

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
If you can get one that burns both, I suppose that would be OK-- as
long as you don't have to buy your firewood.

In upstate NY, despite the increasing cost of LP Gas, it is still
cheaper than buying wood-- or pellets, or corn.

I've not burned wood for the past two years for that reason. In case of
power failure, I have a backup source of heat. Pellet stoves often require
electricity for the auger akin them useless in those conditions unless there
is a manual feed of some sort.

Wood is about equal in price to oil right now, but much more labor
intensive.
Ed