Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Verizon doesn't like old employees

On 9/26/2018 11:53 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , ben.dover@bloody-red-
v.com says...

Verizon is kicking their old folks to the curb.* Out with the old, in with the younger/faster/cheaper/smarter millennials.

http://www.lightreading.com/business...d/d-id/746342?

They are doing what the company I worked for did many years ago.

They are down sizing. It will cost them less in the long run if they
buy out the older people that have been there a long time. Most
companies give you more vacation the longer you work. The pension will
be larger.

If you get rid of the younger people in a few years the older ones will
retire and you will have to train new people.

I don't think they are really telling the ones they have to leave, but
giving them an option.

Where I worked, the older ones had maybe a year or two before they could
retire and some could retire at any time. This is just a way of giving
them a slight push to speed up the process so younger ones can be hired
if needed.

Then our companies go down the tubes and blame that the pensions are
costing them too much and it is the pensioners fault.