Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hot water cylinder insulation

On 26/09/2018 11:24, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/09/2018 09:50, Martin Brown wrote:
On 25/09/2018 19:38, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I might well try to do the same, if there is any significant
benefit.

£30 spent on better insulation round the hot water tank pays for
itself with the fuel savings in the first year. It also means that
your hot water stays warmer for longer when the heating isn't on.

Worth keeping in mind that if you have the cylinder in an airing
cupboard, you may actually want some heat loss to heat the cupboard.

Fair point but I doubt if you could insulate a tank in such a cupboard
well enough to cause a problem. Not a lot of room in the ones I've seen.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown