Dez Akin

Default Wood and Pellet Stoves

"Storogoth" wrote in message ...
"Dez Akin" wrote in message
om...
I'm buying a condo with a fireplace and electric heat. I was
considering replacing the fireplace with a wood stove or pellet stove
but I'd like to have both in one.

Is there anyone that sells woodstoves that can take pellets in a
hopper also? I'd like the option of burning wood as well, because
sometimes around here cords are very cheap or people need to get rid
of wood.

Had to chime in about my pellet stove and I realize that not everything will
apply in your case. I do agree that the blower motors are a bit noisy. We
turn the TV up a bit & hardly notice. Major plusses for me are.......

1. In Denver we have about 2/3's of the days in cold months that are "NO
burn" days. You can be ticketed for using your fireplace. This does not
apply to the pellet stove.

2. My wife can fire it up by pushing 2 buttons. The stove is putting out
full heat in about 15 minutes.

3. When it's very cold here we burn about a bag per day. @ $3.30 per bag
that adds about $100 per month the heating bill, Much cheaper than gas or
electric.

4. It will burn about 12-14 hours without refilling or tending.

5. It's an "insert" and we could never have fit a good sized woodburner in
the very shallow firebox in this 100+ year old house.

6. After 4+ seasons we're very happy with it.

Good luck !!

So are there any pellet stoves that you can burn cordwood in?