Ace

Default Dog Crap on Front Yard

wrap it up and mail it to them instead.

"Daniel L. Belton" wrote in message
Yea... and have the Feds arrest you because you put it in a US Govt.
mailbox that is to be used ONLY for US Mail.

R&D wrote:
Well, if you know who the offender is you can always put it in a bag

with a
letter and leave it in their mail box. The letter goes something

like...
Dear Neighbor, I noticed that you dropped this when you were walking

past my
house. I know that you would not want to loose such valuable property

so I
took the initiative to return it to you.

...you could go further by opening a contract with this person....you

can
say, This time the service is free, next time a service charge of $100
applies. Keep a record of when they do it again, if they persist you'll
have built up a large enough claim to make it worth bringing them to

small
claim court to collect.

Another cure, if the dog is roaming free and you don't know where it

comes
from but it constantly craps on your lawn (and the dog is not vicious)

put
the crap in a plastic lunch bag and tie it to the dogs collar. That

usually
works becuase the owner has to deal with it and if they care about their

dog
they will be glad that it was not something harmful instead.

Cheers...R
"Banty" wrote in message

In article , Larry Bud

says...

Brian Henderson wrote in message
m...

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:30:05 GMT, "Ace" wrote:

Do like I did and it solved the problem. Find out whose dog it is

that is

****ting on your property, then scoop it up and dump it in the middle

of

their driveway at night. After a while they will get tired of

cleaning

up

the **** in their driveway and get the message. My case is now

solved!

Actually, you can get fined for doing that. It's just as illegal to
dump dog droppings in thier yard (whether or not it actually comes out
of your dog or not) as it is for them to have their dog deposit it in
yours.

Perhaps you can technically get fined, but who's going to complain,
the original offender?

"Officer, I let my dog **** on this guy's lawn, and he put it on my
property!"

Heh. First of all, it's more likely going to be "Officer, I don't know

what's

going on, my dog NEEEEHVVVVVERRR **** on his property, but this nutcase

is
putting dog**** on *my* property". (What - someone like that wouldn't

lie??

Heh.) *If* there's property to be spoken of. Again - look at the

original post

- these are dogowners from a nearby apartment house complex.

Secondly, it's not a strong situation - even if the dogowner is honest

and

he's

another homeowner, the *best* you can claim is that 'he did it first' -

which in

the eyes of the law isn't as strong a point as it is to 5 year old

squabbling

siblings and certain posters here. It is just plain two offences; two
offenders.

Not great.

Banty (this process of thinking things through to likely outcomes is

just

sooo

irritating, isn't it ;-)