Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Adding an extra 13A socket ...

On 25/09/2018 08:40, dennis@home wrote:

bloody professionals are just as bad..
had to replace a wireless stat last week and when I did the receiver I
found the electrician (not the plumber) had used the earth as the
switched live, no sleeving either.

Now I wonder what other stuff they have done wrong.
There is a timer for the HW about 4m away so I bet they have done the
same there.

Just had exactly the same experience recently even with a fixed (non
wireless) stat as part of a major heating system upgrade. It uses 3
core Brown/Blue/Green&yellow. L&N as expected with the "earth" wire
being used as the switched live.

I found somewhere on the net (but cant find it again just now) that
there are no colour conventions for heating wiring so this is perfectly
acceptable.

--
Chris B (News)