Tony Hwang

Default Electrical wiring

Doug Miller wrote:

In article akDOb.164501$X%5.104400@pd7tw2no, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
If the receptacle is split, they're fed by different circuit.
Tony

Complete and utter nonsense. They could just as easily be fed by a different
leg of the same circuit.

Hi,
At least not in my house. I don't want to lose both at the same time.
My doing.
Tony

Pelorus wrote:

I recently replaced the outlets in my livingroom. Prior to the replacement,
one plug in each outlet in the room was controlled by a light switch. Now--
none of the outlets/plugs is controlled by the switch. I removed one of the
outlets to see if the small metal bridge between the to plugs in the switch
had been snapped out (removed) as it should have been--- it was. Would I be
correct in presuming that in one of the remaining six outlets the bridge has
not been removed causing all outlets to function with the switch in the on
or off position? As it is (no switch control, all outlets hot), is it a
hazard?