Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Adding an extra 13A socket ...

On 24/09/2018 21:23, wrote:
On Monday, 24 September 2018 18:53:44 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 23/09/2018 23:04, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 23 September 2018 20:52:13 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 23/09/2018 14:34, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 23 September 2018 11:38:05 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Saturday, 22 September 2018 10:09:14 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 21 September 2018 19:15:49 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 20/09/2018 21:27, tabbypurr wrote:

Earth sleeving, grommet & tail to box offer no significant
safety IRL. It would not upset me to see diyers omitting them. I
expect many do.

The lack of grommets or sleeving would see you loose your NICEIC
entitlement.

As with most things it's a mix of good rules and not so much ones.

Given how cheap a box of grommets and a hank of sleeving is, why would
you choose to omit them?

why are you claiming I choose to omit them?

Why bring the subject up, then? If you are saying you use them - but
think it perfectly OK for others not to? Especially since it doesn't
conform to current regs.

you're funny

And you are talking ********.

any claim in particlar that's '********'?

Saying that earth sleeving and grommets can be omitted.

It's a simple fact that they can. DIYers do so every day.
Though fwiw I didn't say 'earth sleeving and grommets can be omitted'. Nor did I say anywhere to do so.

bloody professionals are just as bad..
had to replace a wireless stat last week and when I did the receiver I
found the electrician (not the plumber) had used the earth as the
switched live, no sleeving either.

Now I wonder what other stuff they have done wrong.
There is a timer for the HW about 4m away so I bet they have done the
same there.