Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Smith Winston Smith is offline

Default Relamping the shop

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 13:59:05 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 9/24/2018 1:17 PM, John Doe wrote:
I post in context when I feel like it, at least when I'm dealing
with non-trolls.

I'm not into production, I am into design.

This tough guy on the Internet continues to beat its chest but fails
to answer my challenge. If it thinks it can do better than my
electric bike design, let's see it...

https://www.flickr.com/photos_user.g...27532210%40N04

No idea what "Gillian Anderson" is about, maybe just another
"fabrication"...

* Who exactly are you accusing of "beating his chest" ? And what
"challenge" are you talking about ? As far as your bike thingy , it
takes little imagination and even less skill to drill a few holes in
some stock aluminum plate and gob on the hot melt glue to hold a cable
in place . My chops ? Ain't got none . Unless you count a micrometer
adjust dovetail slide boring head , or maybe a home designed/built taper
attachment for my machine lathe (also micrometer adjust), or possibly
even the 9:1 reduction gear set I made when I was going to build my own
X axis power feed for my milling machine - including cutting the gears .

That was overkill. Pretty sure I was ahead of his skill level when I
built a wishing well out of popsicle sticks in
after-Sunday-School-class.

BTW , none of those projects required the use of a headlamp ...

I love my headlamps. Can hardly believe the improvement it made adding
a small one to my welding helmet. My all-day ones are powered by
18650s. Saves me cleaning the smoke off the overheads as often.