Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Smith Winston Smith is offline

Default Relamping the shop

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 07:13:09 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 9/23/2018 5:34 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
news
In fact, there is no better light source than a headlamp. Apparently
some people object because it looks nerdy. Modern headlamps are
extremely light, extremely BRIGHT (choose your color), and
long-lasting, with no need for an external power supply. That's why
"broke" surgeons use them.

Bozo supplies its shop with "what I can afford" instead of what
works.
Bozo needs to learn how to read BIG LETTERS, too, I said saving
electricity
is a "SECONDARY" benefit of using a high-quality modern headlamp.

On 9/22/2018 12:56 AM, John Doe wrote:
If this poster had a brain...

Its "relamping the shop (to save electricity)" would consist of
purchasing a high-quality modern headlamp.

I'm dead serious. Nothing aids vision (while saving HUGELY on
electricity as a SECONDARY benefit) more than a good headlamp.
Couldn't live without mine.

¶ÿ If I were so broke couldn't afford to keep the power on I might
do
that too . I didn't relamp to "save electricity" , but to have
usable
levels of light . Oh , and if you have to resort to insults , ****
off .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

IIRC you don't use machine tools or need to protect yourself from
their flying chips with a face shield.

* I doubt he even knows what a "machine tool" is .

So far so good. The contraptions he's posted in the past demonstrate a
need to learn how to weld at the very least. He's a dopey slow
learner, so if he ever does learn to weld he'll be old like me by then
and maybe he'll figure out what a great advantage it is to have a
small headlamp on a welding helmet, a headlamp for every other task,
bright shop lighting, bright task lighting, and white walls and
ceiling.

Most trolls know
very little

Same thing you said about me. You're demonstrating your own cognitive
limitations.

but what their masters tell them to say .

LOL Who are these "masters?" It's clear that JD has very few
fabricating skills, limited imagination, and is a top-posting bozo.
His fascination with cordless drills makes me think of how cavemen
might have responded to seeing a bag of marbles. His projects might
impress the least-mechanically inclined high schoolers, but that's
about it. Those are facts. So if you want to insult him, why go beyond
the obvious by posting your own delusions?

BTW, if he lived near me I'd offer to teach him some stuff. First
thing I'd do is walk him over to my 16" gear-head, and set him up with
a big chunk of rubber to turn at high speed while wearing a baggy
protective kimona. Then I'd get him onto welding while using "tactile"
gloves with all the finger tips cut off. After that maybe set him
loose on out of position wrench turning of seized fasteners such that
his teeth are in the line of fire. Only after he gets up to speed on
all that would I show him how to fast charge his drill batteries using
a patch cord into an AC socket.