Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sherwood RD-6108 receiver turns on and off randomly.

"should I ask why you can't use any of those? "

Look, ICs are wonderful and should be used wherever they are needed. Now you want your food to spoil because some static electricity got into the works somehow ? Would you like to pay to rebuild a water valve, possibly fifty bucks if they even did that, instead of replacing a 5 cent washer ? How about people who wipe their ass after they stand up and the toilet goes kawoosh and they have to sit down to make it flush AGAIN to get the paper down " That really saves water, right ?

How about cars that can be hacked into and the hacker can control the brakes and even possibly the steering ? (it has been done but not the steering yet as far as I know) How about people using shodan and looking in on your baby monitor ? Or gaining control over your furnace and microwave, maybe a few other things like your home security system ?

I think it is great that you can see your security cameras on your phone, but to be able to disable the system ? How about a phone call and just give them the damn code ?