Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Adding an extra 13A socket ...

On 20/09/2018 16:16, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:03:03 +0100, John Rumm

[1] I think it's all plasterboard on battens but as yet have no idea
how much room there is behind the location of the additional box (or
where the battens are etc).

You can use a stud finder,

Yup, I have one at the ready. ;-)

or a metal detector, or even just a strong
magnet to find the fixings in the PB.

Understood.

Ironically I did see the wall in question as it was being done (re
remembering where the battens / studs were) but that was 2+ years ago.
;-)

Its not unknown for the person building it to make pencil marks on the
floor indicating the stud positions... ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.