Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Adding an extra 13A socket ...

"T i m" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 14:49:52 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

snip

go on go on go on go on...take a chance...I did it...well more than one ..
few of spurs and a few on the ring main......house didn't burn down and I
didn't electrocute myself...not from the want of trying.....I have to
admit
I had a senior moment when I cut through the ring and wondered why stuff
on
both sides of the cut were still on....we all have our stupid
moments...and
usually survive.....so go on go on go on go on...tee hee

Well, I wired (I can't say re-wired as there wasn't much) this house
on my own 40 years ago and it was all pretty straightforward.

I was reminded the other day that 45 years ago I ran some SWA out to a
pond pump and that they have only just pulled it all out (still
working). ;-)

I've probably done 10's of similar jobs for people over the years,
when it was considered ok for someone who had done Electrical
Installation at college when they were 15 to do such things.

The questions were more along the lies of 'is it advised / acceptable'
to do such things for a mate, rather than just for yourself.

I'd rather someone else do it as I really don't need the faf but for
some reason they want me to do it ...

Cheers, T i m

my HND in building technology and administration didn't help much...tee hee