Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Adding an extra 13A socket ...

On 20/09/2018 14:20, T i m wrote:
Just a quick question.

What is the (legal?) position re me / one adding an extra double
socket (next to an existing) in a living room for / with a non d-i-y
mate?

You can do whatever you like in/to your own home, or indeed others homes
providing you're not acting as/in a commercial entity/capacity.

Only issue might be if you injure/kill someone through
incompetence/neglect that questions might be raised but I'd then suggest
at worst it would be manslaughter should someone die through your
actions, although adding a socket as a localised spur is highly unlikely
to create such a risk.

You might of course do some hatchet job and set fire to the house which
would leave you/them un-insured should it be proven (or by
inadvertent/coerced admittance i.e. self incrimination) it was of your
doing; if buying into the home insurance scam is your thing, irrelevant
if you don't do of course.

The whole "you must not do electrical/gas stuff" is the bull**** spread
by affiliated trade bodies, and brainwashed into the masses to preserve
and protect lucrative organisations and their subscribers. Also
perpetuated by the media and dribbling half-wits that suck up anything
they're told by anyone acting under the guise of an/the "authority" on
such matters.

IOW if you are blessed with common sense (born pre-internet/mobile
phones) there's no problem.