Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Relamping the shop

Â* A few months ago we had a power surge or something , blew out all the
electronic ballasts in my shop fluorescent lights . I've been limping
along ... Today I received via the USPS a box containing 10 four foot
LED tubes ... six of which are now installed in my fixtures and lighting
my shop . Simple changes to the fixtures , hot lead to one end and
neutral to the other (both pins) and bang we got light ! A lot brighter
and a different color/temperature but that I can get used to . I got the
clear tubes , upon reflection I might have gone diffused ... a piece of
scotch tape will test that . Bottom line is for under 5 bucks a tube ,
they don't cost that much more than a fluorescent tube and they'll save
me some bucks down the road in lower energy bills . And I used the
fixtures I already had .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old