Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Database interfaces

On 17/09/2018 23:21, Bill wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
write yer own in PHPÂ* - its pretty simple

PHPmyadmin is a good place to start as well.

I might have a go, as I started on similar lines once before.

On the old machine, I have Xampp, but can't remember how far I got, ran
out of time, and life here is just as hectic now,

That's why I was hoping someone might have a suggestion for a ready made
"shell" program that doesn't need to run a web server.

You could install one of the many database connectors to interface
directly with the database, e.g:

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/

You can then talk directly to that in any number of languages and
environments. No need for a web server then.

--
Cheers,

John.