Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Computer keyboard and mouse question

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 18 Sep 2018 09:35:33 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 12:31:04 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 17 Sep 2018 20:56:18 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

[snip]

When's the last time you saw a new PC that uses a PS2 connector for the
keyboard? Fifteen, twenty years? They didn't send anything wrong,
she's just confused or trolling.

Some do have them, although it's better to use USB. Use any port
(although you might want to avoid USB3, usually with blue plastic in the
connector).

For a while I thought that USB ports did't work until after Windows
started, but PS-2 ports and the larger round ports that preceded them
worked before Windows loaded. As soon as the BIOS ran.

Now I think I'm wrong, but was there ever some truth to this?

Since you can boot from a USB drive, I'd say the answer is a definite no.

Could you always boot from a USB drive? My BIOS didn't have that
option.