Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Computer keyboard and mouse question

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 18 Sep 2018 09:55:05 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 09/17/2018 09:20 PM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

Yes, I see people are saying that even some new PCs still have PS/2.
Doesn't make any sense to me, unless there are some legacy peripherals
that need it, that I'm not aware of. In the case in point, it shipped
with USB keyboard and mouse.

IIRC, the last time I used a PS/2 device (keyboard) on a new computer
was when the USB wasn't working. I still have that machine, and USB
works fine now. I never found out what happened. Possibly some bit (I
have no idea which) accidentally got flipped in non-volatile memory.

I dropped a smartphone** and after that the splash screen logo etc. was
replaced by a plain green screen with a big totally red and a big
totally orange rectangle.

Everything else worked. It's still like that years later. Did I
knock a bit out of place?

**A small huawei about 7 years old fwiw