Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Computer keyboard and mouse question

On 09/17/2018 09:20 PM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

Yes, I see people are saying that even some new PCs still have PS/2.
Doesn't make any sense to me, unless there are some legacy peripherals
that need it, that I'm not aware of. In the case in point, it shipped
with USB keyboard and mouse.

IIRC, the last time I used a PS/2 device (keyboard) on a new computer
was when the USB wasn't working. I still have that machine, and USB
works fine now. I never found out what happened. Possibly some bit (I
have no idea which) accidentally got flipped in non-volatile memory.

--
98 days until the winter celebration (Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:00:00 AM for 1
day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"What is the function that a clergyman performs in the world? Answer: he
gets his living by assuring idiots that he can save them from an
imaginary hell." [H. L. Mencken, "Minority Reports"]