Roger

Default Wood and Pellet Stoves

I'm buying a condo with a fireplace and electric heat. I was
considering replacing the fireplace with a wood stove or pellet stove
but I'd like to have both in one.

My friend with pellet stoves hates the grinding noise of the pellet feeder,
and they are expensive to run no matter what you pay for firewood. Not only
that, when we have electricity blackouts, those with pellet stoves are out
of luck, since they don't run without electricity. For a comprehensive
answer re dual use stoves, try the newsgroup alt.energy.homepower. It is a
very active, helpful group, with lots of expertise in wood stove issues.