Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462009@gmail.com is offline

Default Mobile anyennas for six and two meter bands

I plan on installing my Yaesau FT 867 in my car. The car was a former state police vehicle and so holes were already cut in both the middle of the trunk and the middle of the roof. I have a bunch of NMO type antenna bases around here that cover these frequencies and I would like to use these antennas for this. I have used these antennas before but only for one specific frequency. It has been my experience that these antennas tune rather sharply. Since both of these bands are 4 MHZ wide what frequency should I cut the antennas for? Center frequency would be easy but wouldn't an antenna cut for 52 MHZ have very poor SWR when used at 50 MHZ? The rig has both low and high band outputs. I'm not sure what I should do. Thanks for any input on this.. Lenny