Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Computer keyboard and mouse question

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 17 Sep 2018 23:41:01 -0000 (UTC), Wayne
Boatwright wrote:

On Sun 16 Sep 2018 06:29:14p, micky told us...

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 16 Sep 2018 15:03:23 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong group but hoping someone can
help. I ordered a desktop computer with Win10 that came with mouse
and keyboard. The computer plug ins on the back of computer for
these are round pin type, but the mouse and keyboard that came
with it have the slotted flat plug ends. I have a man coming from
Best Buy on Tuesday and wonder what type if any adapters there are
for this. Thanks to anyone who can help, I am not computer savvy
at all.

The round jacks are for people who have a favorite keyboard or
mouse that has a round plug (PS-2). Everyone else uses USB plugs
and jacks.

They are also used for flashdrives (also called disk on key, etc.)
and sometimes for headphones, external speakers, external
harddrives, external floppy drives, etc.

There are some jacks in the back and some in the front. If you
use them all up, you can get a little, cheap thing that's like an
extension cord for USB, that has 3 or more usb jacks and one usb
plug.

I have no desire for wireless. I'm sitting right here and so is
the mouse. Plus with wireless, there is a battery in the mouse
and another in the keyboard. Who needs that. If I ever decide to
sit far away, I'll get wireless, or a usb extension cord.

FWIW, the batteries in my wireless keyboard and mouse seem to last
forever. I rarely have to change them more than once a year. If I

That's too often for me.

wanted to conserve battery life even further, each unit has it's own
off/on switch.

I often move my keyboard to a sideboard when I'm not using it and
want more desktop work space. The wire is a hindrance for me.

If I were in that situation, I'd use one too, but I'm not so i don't.

More palaver omitted. ;-)