Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Computer keyboard and mouse question

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 21:13:37 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 09/17/2018 07:28 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

[snip]

Just installed a new Acer Veriton - still supports PS2 Kbd and mouse
- but comes with USB

The only computer (Dell) I have now that came without USB was made in
1996, and is seldom used. I actually bought that one used, but it's
likely to have been sold new with Windows 95.

Seldom-used computers can last a long time.

That sounds about right. USB was natively supported with W/98. My old
Latitude laptop shipped with W/98 and 1 USB port. It is still running
as my FAX, scanner and print server.