Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Computer keyboard and mouse question

On Monday, September 17, 2018 at 9:56:22 PM UTC-4, Mark Lloyd wrote:
[snip]

When's the last time you saw a new PC that uses a PS2 connector for the
keyboard? Fifteen, twenty years? They didn't send anything wrong,
she's just confused or trolling.

Some do have them, although it's better to use USB. Use any port
(although you might want to avoid USB3, usually with blue plastic in the
connector).

--
99 days until the winter celebration (Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:00:00 AM for 1
day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Windows Closed. You can't look outside now."

Yes, I see people are saying that even some new PCs still have PS/2.
Doesn't make any sense to me, unless there are some legacy peripherals
that need it, that I'm not aware of. In the case in point, it shipped
with USB keyboard and mouse.