Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Database interfaces

On 17/09/18 17:12, Bill wrote:
If I've asked this before, I'm sorry, but once again I'm hoping to move
databases to a new to me machine, and feel I ought to try to sort things
out once and for all. Just as I did last time and the time before.

At the moment, I'm running 3 MySQL flat databases for various lists,
plus a contacts list in Palm Desktop, a list of private recordings in a
spreadsheet, and have been trying MediaMonkey for video and audio.

What I think I want is to move everything to MySQL to make it moderately
future proof and then find some way of using some already created
generalised front end that can be tailored to the individual lists.
Obviously import, search and order by columns would be needed.

Does anyone know of a source for something like this? Free or very cheap.

write yer own in PHP - its pretty simple

PHPmyadmin is a good place to start as well.

I use a program called HeidiSQL for the MySQL databasesÂ* at the moment
and it is nearly there, but a bit clunky. I've had a few goes with the
LibreOffice database functions, but never really got anywhere and I'm
even older and further removed from my programming days now..

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!