RB

Default Plaster ceiling damage

As I recall you plan to put the repair cost back on the HVAC fellow who
caused the problem. Consequently I'd suggest hiring someone independent
to make the assessment. Additionally, if you miss diagnosing it
correctly yourself and find a year or two from now that it had in fact
failed you'll be on your own for sure.

It shouldn't take a competent plasterer (one who does true plastering,
not just drywall) to render an informed opinion.

RB

Greg wrote:
peter wrote in message . ..

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:21:57 -0500, RB wrote:

Be particularly careful to determine if the plaster has failed, or is
damaged so as to foster later collapse of sections of your ceiling. If
you can get at it from the attic you should be able to make this
determination directly, or have hire someone else do it if you're not able.

I'll second this.

The plaster can be easily fixed if it has not come loose from
what's supposed to be holding it. If it has, you're better off
tearing it out.

If you push against the plaster and feel any give, you'd
better consult an expert.

Peter

Thanks for all the help. As a follow-up: Is this something I (as a
novice) should be able to diagnose (e.g. pushing on the ceiling) or
should I really just hire someone to look at it?