Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 1st year apprentice

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 09:26:42 +0100, tim... wrote:

"Fredxx" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
3. Have some sort of brain seizure and fit the plug top to a roll
of 1.5mm white 3 core flex that he found in the van AND fit the
plug top so that his wiring could not be inspected.

Does the 1.5mm refer to the overall diameter of the flex, the
diameter of each core including insulation, or the diameter of each
core excluding insulation.

You contribute to this group and think mains flex with an overall
diameter of 1.5mm exists? The sort of thing an electrician would
carry in his van?
And really don't understand what 1.5mm refers to with cable?

No wonder you are a Tory. Just the sort of thing I'd expect from
Boris.

The sort of response I would expect from a know it all, labour
supporting remainer to a simple question.

You could simply have said, "the diameter of each core excluding
insulation" but choose to score points instead. Why aren't I
surprised.

Not much of an explanation from you. And conductor size isn't measured
by diameter. 1.5mm refers to the area.

That was already established and accepted.

no it wasn't

I haven't a ****ing clue what CSA means (and neither has Google)

Then you aren't using Google right.

I typed in 'define cable csa' and it was the second hit.