Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 1st year apprentice

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 16:35:55 +1000, FMurtz wrote:

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 20:42:02 +1000, FMurtz wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:

Does the 1.5mm refer to the overall diameter of the flex, the
diameter of each core including insulation, or the diameter of each
core excluding insulation.

Every one knows what he is referring to except maybe you.

I'm more of an old imperial measurement type (AWG/SWG etc) but believe
that 1.5mm is *way* too thin to make an extension lead out of (unless
you just want to make up something specifically for a lightly loaded
lighting application.

You would be wrong, thousands, maybe millions of 240v extension leads
are 1mm square csa.

He only things that because he believes that all cable CSAs should be in
square microfurlongs. A good British measurement.