Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default 1st year apprentice

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 17:18:43 +0100, ARW wrote:

But BS1362 13A fuses do not work like that. They will pass 20A most of
the time without ever tripping and 26 A for just long enough to melt the
flex on an extension reel.

As for warnings. Who reads them?

True enough, but what can you expect for 5p or whatever it costs?
When I was a kid, if a fuse blew and we didn't have any fusewire in the
house, dad said just cut a strip off a milk bottle top and use that
instead until you get some more fuse wire. I'm guessing in my grandad's
day, they'd say, "just cut a strip off a milk bottle top and use that."
And in my *great* grandfather's day, they'd say, "just stick a broken
nail in there."
1st year apprentices will think I'm kidding, but I'm actually so not!