Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default 1st year apprentice

Wrote in message:
On Saturday, 15 September 2018 16:58:00 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
In article ,
GB wrote:
I remember things were ominously quiet one morning when the kids were
small. There was a bang, and the whole house went quiet. It turned out
that the two older boys had decided to wire up a plug. Not having any
idea at all how to do it, they stripped 3 or 4 inches of insulation off
each of the wires and wrapped them round all three plug terminals.
Fortunately, they jammed the top on without leaving any strands of wire
outside the plug, so no children were harmed in this experiment.

Possibly, this was my fault for not showing them exactly how to do it,
but they were only 4 or 5 at the time.

I remember trying to make a magnet aged about 5. No need to guess the
result.

It aimed East and West?

I'm guessing either the wire was bare, or it was plugged into the mains.

NT

Oh for thicker wire...
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----