George Eberhardt

Default cigarette smoke entering from condo below.....

"Sue Ann" wrote in message
Good grief! Personally, I believe people have the right to smoke in
their own spaces. I just want to keep the smoke and smell out of mine.

While you have had fun all day with political jousting, I've been on the
phone calling around. I did find some new upscale carpet padding which
has a solid vinyl barrier top and bottom. That should help a little
bit.

There's really no economically feasible way to retrofit this 1958
building. It met construction codes of that era.

To those of you who mentioned positive air pressure -- you're absolutely
right. But what do you do on a frigid night like this one?

You should be able to find a contractor to test where your condo is leaking
air, and seal up most of the leaks. That wold be a good start before you
pay for the new carpet.

--
George Eberhardt
(732)224-8988