Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cost of renewables (slightly OT)

On Tuesday, 11 September 2018 10:16:31 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
On Monday, 10 September 2018 10:52:29 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 6 September 2018 19:26:28 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 6 September 2018 16:02:54 UTC+1, whisky-dave
wrote:
On Thursday, 6 September 2018 15:49:41 UTC+1, harry
wrote:
On Monday, 27 August 2018 21:46:04 UTC+1, Vir
Campestris
wrote:
On 26/08/2018 22:58, John Angus wrote:
"Vir Campestris"
wrote
in
message
news I will then refer you to, for example,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulley_Reservoir

Thats not a hydro dam and we havent seen any
hydro
dams
built
from
scratch in the 20th century in the first world
that
have
drowned
anyone.

I dare say the Eder, Möhne and Sorpe were a special
case

But a bunch of dams have failed, and killed people.
bunch
of
hydro
dams have failed. I can't find one that has failed
and
killed
someone -
but if not, it's a matter of luck.

Andy

You didn't look very hard. Just in the UK
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-26478728

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-34652969

http://www.marsdenhistory.co.uk/tran...d-narrow-cana/

Those are nothing compared to what God did around 4000
years
ago,
40
bloody days and nights of it, killed everyone but one
family,
who
we
all decended from apparently, which makes us all
refugees
doesn't
it
?

I didn't realise you were a religious nut.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...uge_hypothesis

I'm not a religious nut but I can and do think for myself I
do
think
there
are some real clues in the Bible to events of the past. I
was
watching
youtube video by Carlson on the youger dyras event and he
said
the
event
was about 2 weeks with a 400ft increase in sea level during
that
event(s).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Dryas.

That didnt happen in 2 weeks.

I also belive that the parting of the red sea actually
happend
although exagerarted in the Bible the event happend

No evidence that that is even possible.

Yes there is.

Then you wont have any problem presenting a link to it.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...red-sea-exodus

"The simulations match fairly closely with the account in
Exodus,"
Carl Drews, the study's lead author, said in a statement. "The
parting of the waters can be understood through fluid dynamics..
The wind moves the water in a way that's in accordance with
physical laws, creating a safe passage with water on two
sides and then abruptly allowing the water to rush back in.

How odd that its never happened again.

How odd that it has witenessed by my friends in Sri Lanka

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have noticed
that that isnt the Red Sea and that the one in Sri Lanka wasnt
due to the wind moves the water in a way that's in accordance
with physical laws, creating a safe passage with water on two
sides and then abruptly allowing the water to rush back in.

This is only true if you get yuor evidence for from the bible.

Wrong, as always.

So where is your evidence that the red sea parted ?

There is no evidence that it ever did.

Exactly the Red Sea NEVER parted it was a sea of reeds a mistake in translation or possible exaggeration or misdirection just like we see here today.

There is no evidence that
lots of loud trumpet music ever brought down the city walls
either,

But there is evidence that sound can and does destroy things, and I never made any comment loud music and walls hence my claim of misdirection it happens to today in the 21st centrey and it happend in biblical times for similar reasons.

or that Jonah ever did a tour of the inside of a whale,

So, that isn't proof that larger whales never existed or that no one has been killed by them.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...ns-proof-rabbi

or that there was ever a ****ing great boat stuffed with a couple
of examples of every animal on earth either. They are all just
tall storys that only fools like you take as gospel.

You're taking them as Gospel not me. I'm saying that sometimes truth can be found in legends and stories.
Anything from the great flood to Atlantis, have you heard the one about the boat they built that was unsinkable and how a boy from a lower class fell in love with an upperclass women and the the boat hit an iceberg and sank even though it was unsinkable. (not that I;ve ever watch the file just a trailer)
How likely does that sound ? Well the captain was from Hanley a very inland place not the sort of place you'd expect a sea captain to come from.
Surely such a person would have lived and worked by the sea.
That's as stupid as making someone like Boris Johnson foreign secaratary, he's not even British he wss born in the USA !

reams of your even sillier **** flushed where it belongs