Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Cost of renewables (slightly OT)

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 11 September 2018 17:46:16 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
On Monday, 10 September 2018 10:52:29 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 6 September 2018 19:26:28 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 6 September 2018 16:02:54 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 6 September 2018 15:49:41 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Monday, 27 August 2018 21:46:04 UTC+1, Vir Campestris
wrote:
On 26/08/2018 22:58, John Angus wrote:
"Vir Campestris" wrote in
message
news I will then refer you to, for example,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulley_Reservoir

Thats not a hydro dam and we havent seen any hydro dams
built
from
scratch in the 20th century in the first world that have
drowned
anyone.

I dare say the Eder, Möhne and Sorpe were a special case

But a bunch of dams have failed, and killed people. A bunch
of
hydro
dams have failed. I can't find one that has failed and killed
someone -
but if not, it's a matter of luck.

Andy

You didn't look very hard. Just in the UK
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-26478728

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-34652969

http://www.marsdenhistory.co.uk/tran...d-narrow-cana/

Those are nothing compared to what God did around 4000 years ago,
40
bloody days and nights of it, killed everyone but one family, who
we
all decended from apparently, which makes us all refugees doesn't
it
?

I didn't realise you were a religious nut.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...uge_hypothesis

I'm not a religious nut but I can and do think for myself I do think
there
are some real clues in the Bible to events of the past. I was
watching
youtube video by Carlson on the youger dyras event and he said the
event
was about 2 weeks with a 400ft increase in sea level during that
event(s).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Dryas.

That didnt happen in 2 weeks.

I also belive that the parting of the red sea actually happend
although exagerarted in the Bible the event happend

No evidence that that is even possible.

and the moses bit wraped around it like a sausage in a pig blanket.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santor...dus_connection

Stlll doesnt explain why the advancing cavalry of the Pharaohs
didnt get drowned by the tsunami,

what evidence apart from a couple of wheels found were there that the
cavalry did follow them ?

or how all those israelites
manage to move over that distance in the short time that is
involved with the withdrawal of water before the tsunami.

This short time was about 2-4 hours.

BULL****.

The whole thing is completely silly.