Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default OSHA requirment

I wouldn't take a portable power tool (particularly anything from PC)
in for repair, at all. I'd just replace it. Labor is just too
expensive these days to bother with it.

I was offered free repair recently - to replace a wheel on a
favourite piece of luggage - but by the time I paid for shipping
or drove 90 minutes each way twice .. nah.

Is there another excuse for making that drive? A park that you wanted to visit?
A restaurant that you wanted to try? A friend you haven't seen in a while? A
fair or festival that sounds like fun?

Toronto - I enjoyid it like root canal surgury.

.. so they sent not one wheel - but two wheel assemblies
shipped free to my home - now if I had an industrial riviting
machine, I'd be all set !
I'm still pondering - to drill out one of the new wheels and
do the wheel-only replacement ... not sure how to make
it a proper job .. never done any rivet peening before
.. brass rivet or something else ? ideas welcomed.
John T.

As I'm sure you know, there are lots of YouTube videos and instructions
for luggage wheel replacement available on the old interweb. Find the
style/brand of luggage that matches yours and have at it.

Nope - I haven't done a web/youtube search - thanks for the tip.
.... I doubt that the style/brand makes much difference, though.
John T.