Phisherman

Default cigarette smoke entering from condo below.....

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:34:03 -0500 (EST), (Sue Ann)
wrote:

....and I can't stand it. We have common hot water baseboard heat and I
have caulked around all water pipes. There's no insulation between the
ceiling of the condo below and my hardwood floors which are covered with
wall-to-wall carpeting.
Crazy idea: Taking up the carpet and putting a layer of Tyvek under the
padding? What do you think?
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.........

I lived in an upstairs apartment for year. My neighbor underneath
moved, and smokers moved in. Then whenever I when to the kitchen for
something to eat I'd lose my appetite due to the cig smell. Lost over
35 pounds. I saved on food, but spent a few hundred on new clothes.
Eventually, I bought a house where I have much more control over my
environment. You might try a window fan.