Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Rust preventative

On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 11:30:39 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

I am trying to find rust cure by tri-win but I can't find it.

I am looking for a rust preventative that is similar.

Thanks.

I doubt you can find a "preventative". You can get a "rust
inhibitor". The first I used was a product called _Extend_

Loctite bought the company.

"LoctiteŽ Extend Rust Neutralizer is a fast drying, milky white latex
coating that is applied to rusted metal to stop rust, protect the
surface and act as a primer for the finish coat. It converts rust to a
neutral surface ready for painting, creating the ability to paint over
rust."

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/s_trmt_extend/overview/Loctite-Extend-Rust-Neutralizer.htm

Follow the directions on usage.

Be nice to know what the project is; material, etc.