Andy Hall

Default How to correctly size combi boilers

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:30:50 -0000, "Set Square"

Andy Hall wrote:

I haven't considered space use, because you have indicated that you
have no preference between types of system, and I assume that you do
have space for tank and cylinder if that is the most appropriate for
your needs.

.andy

Neither have you considered space *heating* requirements. There seems to be
a general assumption with combis that if you size them to deliver sufficient
hot water, they will automatically heat your house ok. Nevertheless, you
really need to validate this - as for any type of boiler - by calculating
heat losses for each room and adding them up to arrive at the total space
heating requirement. If this turns out to be bigger than the water heating
requirement, you will need an even bigger combi!

Agreed. I hadn't tackled that aspect nor did I go into the merits of
condensing boilers since I wanted to cover the ground with hot water
without diluting the content too much.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl