Betsy

Default Roomba Vacuum cleaner question

I recently went out and bought a Eureka vacuum on CR recommendation. I
struggled to put the darn thing together by the pictures (no words at all if
I recall correctly), happily walked into the living room, and discovered it
just would NOT suck up sand. Not at all. I had sand on the rug, a cheap
imitation oriental with very low pile, because it had just snowed. I
watched the sand jump around as I rolled over it and happily settle back
down.

Bottom line: don't necessarily believe Consumer Reports!

I've had a Roomba since July. I've learned the hard way what it can and
can't do--to the point that I had to send one back and get a free
replacement.

It absolutely cannot deal with rug fringe. I've tried folding, taping,
rolling, rug fringes, but it eats them every time, and messes itself up when
it does.

But it is absolutely great on hardwood floors, and I TOTALLY disagree with
the CR assessment. I have a multiple cat household AND a long haired
collie. I run the Roomba in a different room daily. It does a wonderful
job on pet hair and picks up kitty litter just great. It does not do edges
as well, so once in awhile I get ambitious and break out the old electrolux
and get picky.

Yes it takes a long time, but who cares? I bought a back up battery and a
fast charger. I can keep the little bugger running all day long that way.
This is time I now have to myself, even if I could ultimately do it faster
than the Roomba.

Yes, you do have to take the brushes off & clean them periodically, but it
is not hard.

If you have lots of hardwood floors, I recommend it!

"Marilyn and Bob" wrote in message
Consumer Reports just gave a short review the current issue. Bottom line:
'The Roomba cleans uncluttered bare floors, but even some cheap vacuums
outperform it on both floors and carpets." Other highlights: has problems
getting back up on area rugs and took 25 minutes (as opposed to a manual 3
minutes) to clean an 8 X 8 room. Battery lasts for about 90 minutes

before
recharge is necessary.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"rb608" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message
It should make it. It wont do deep pile carpets though.

Tx.
Joe F.