CBhvac

Default cigarette smoke entering from condo below.....

"Sue Ann" wrote in message
....and I can't stand it. We have common hot water baseboard heat and I
have caulked around all water pipes. There's no insulation between the
ceiling of the condo below and my hardwood floors which are covered with
wall-to-wall carpeting.
Crazy idea: Taking up the carpet and putting a layer of Tyvek under the
padding? What do you think?
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.........

Move. If its like most condos, particularly in CA, you cant stop it since
you wont pull all the walls down and seal the 4 inch space between the floor
and outer wall....any and all electrical conduits, AC lines that may be
there, plumbing...etc...

As a smoker, the worst thing you could do would be to ask the person that
lives below you to stop..particularly if you own the units.
You might find that the Cigar of the Month club suddenly starts to meet
there....every week.